Thursday, January 24, 2013

*Deal with Work Bitches, . . .

So. . . I'm working the exact same job right now that I worked during undergrad. The very job I worked. . . Before I took out more loans than I can afford to repay right now on my meager salary. Before I had 2 additional degrees to list after a comma after my name. Before I used up all of my savings and sanity. Before I had to check the 25 - 34 box on questionnaires.

I get up and go to work every day that I'm scheduled. I do my job to the best of my ability, because that's me. However, there are a handful of people that choose to make up rumors about me and when you work in a room full of women, they spread like wildfire.

I find that it's best to pick my battles. I come in, I do my job, I go home. If I make friends it's inadvertent because I'm not paid to make friends, I'm paid to do my job. Although, it's hard to go to work every day somewhere your coworkers try their hardest to make you feel like the outsider every day, even though you've been there 6 months.

How to deal with bitches? Don't engage and do your job. . . Like a boss.

. . . Or at least that's the pep talk I give myself while walking from the parking lot to my department.

No comments:

Post a Comment