Tuesday, January 29, 2013

*Deal with Work Bitches (vol 2), . . .

If I didn't say it before, I'll say it again. I go to work on time, I do my job, I do what is asked of me, I go home. Repeat.

About a month ago I was assigned to do an aseptic technique test where you put some chemicals into other chemicals 1ml at a time using the same syringe and 20 different needles ... and then your bag of mixed chemicals is put into an incubator for 14 days and monitored for growth. If stuff grows ... You no longer make ivs. If its good, you're stuck in the troll hole making ivs. I can't tell how I want this to go to be honest. There are pros and cons to both situations.

Anyway, my name has been on the list of people left to do this test thru 2 updates. This time the font was much larger and affixed to a sheet of hunter orange paper right inside the entrance to the department. Ok. You win. I'll do it.

Work has been busy lately, tonight was relatively mild. One of the pharmacists suggested I do my test and get it out of the way. He said we had adequate coverage so I could take care of what I needed to do. I did my test, put it in the transport box, and resumed my normal work duties. Only this time, I was being ignored my the third shifters. Nothing new. People at my job treat me worse than any other job I've ever worked. They rarely speak to me and when they do they refer to me as "you" or "her". Fine.

When the silent treatment went unacknowledged for what she thought was long enough she told me I was selfish and couldn't have picked a worse time to do my test. My selfishness puts them behind because they have to do their job and my job. . . For 30 minutes. She just stood there. Loudly bitching at me like I was one of her children. I was biting my tongue so hard I'm surprised my mouth didn't fill up with blood.

I like my job. My coworkers could use a lesson in candor and how to treat others. Or maybe just listen at church once in a while. Pretty sure if I talked to her like that I'd have a nice little one on one sit down with hr to look forward to...

Sucking at life. Like a boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment